Here, we’ve compiled many resources that will hopefully provide help and information for you and those you love. There are many organizations and websites that can give you additional support.
Partners in Support
If you have an organization or service you’d like us to refer, particularly in the Salt Lake area, please contact us for consideration.
- National Share Pregnant and Infant Loss Support, Inc.
- Utah Share (sister chapter serving families in Davis and Weber Counties)
- Share Parents of Cache Valley (sister chapter serving families in Cache and Box Elder Counties
- Share Families of Southern Utah (sister chapter serving families in Beaver and Cedar City)
- St. George Share (sister chapter serving St. George)
- Common Bonds 801-357-7338 (pager) Serving American Fork Hospital, Orem Community Hospital, Utah Valley Hospital and Spanish Fork Hospital. Support group is 4th Thursday every month from 7-9 at Utah Valley Hospital, Sorenson Tower, classroom 7.
- Still A Part of Us (Podcast)
- Smooth Stones (Podcast)
- Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep aims to bring parents together with professional photographers that are volunteering their time and services to helping parents create these heirloom memories of their time together as a family.
- Please contact Share Parents of Utah if you do not qualify for NILMDTS’s services. Someone will come out and take photos for you at no charge and there is no minimum gestational age to qualify.
- The Angel Pics Project was created to donate photo retouching resources to the parents and families of a stillborn babies. Through this free service, skilled digital artists work with a digital copy of your original, eliminating medical equipment, removing unsightly marks and even replacing the background if desired.
- Dana Klein is a local artist who can take pictures of angel babies and recreate them into beautiful pieces of art.
- Share Parents of Utah – We will come sit with you while you are in labor or visit with you via telephone if that’s what you prefer. After your baby’s birth, we will come and provide one-on-one support at the hospital or where you have delivered. If possible, we will take hand and feet molds of your baby, photos and provide other tangible memorabilia. We currently hold six support meetings per month- both in person and via Zoom.
- Caring Connections (Bereavement & Support Groups at the U of U Special Perinatal Bereavement program available)
- The Sharing Place offers grief support to children who have experienced a loss of a loved one, located in Sugar House.
- The Bradley Center also offers grief support to children who have experienced the loss of a loved one, and is located in South Jordan.
- Angel Watch is part of Intermountain Healthcare’s Maternal Fetal Medicine department and is designed to provide emotional and social support for families who may be facing a potentially life-limiting diagnosis for their unborn infant. The service is free of charge and is offered to families throughout Utah, no matter if their providers are with IHC or not. The Angel Watch professionals come to your home and offer options and choices as well as emotional support from point of diagnosis to bereavement care up to 18 months after delivery.
- Canary Garden provides peer based grief support for children, teenager and their families (Not therapy or counseling). Trained volunteers and professionals oversee all activities. They meet weekly thought the school year in Orem, Utah.
- Utah Infertility Resource Center – Offers Educational and Emotional support to families struggling to grow their families.
Find Additional Support through the Following Resources
Would you like to add your organization to our resource list? Please send your information to email@example.com.
Perinatal Loss Support
AMEND – Aiding Mothers/Fathers Experiencing Neonatal Death.
COPE Foundation – A non-profit grief and healing organization dedicated to helping parents and families living with the loss of a child.
M.I.S.S. Foundation – Based in AZ.
MEND – A Christian organization based in Dallas/Ft. Worth.
Missing Grace Foundation – helps families:
National Alliance for Grieving Children – Promotes awareness of the needs of children and teens grieving a death and provides education and resources.
Pregnancy Loss Support Program – Based in NY.
HAND – Helping After Neonatal Death – Based in The Bay Area, CA.
SANDS – Based in Australia.
Unspoken Grief – Mission is to build and support a community of individuals and families who have been touched directly or indirectly by miscarriage, stillbirth, and neonatal loss. Working together to remove the stigma of perinatal grief by sharing our stories and increasing awareness of the lasting effects of perinatal loss.
Loss of a Child of Any Age
Support through Complicated Pregnancies
Sidelines National Support Network – Support through high-risk pregnancies.
Support Following a Tragic Prenatal Diagnosis
Be Not Afraid – private non-profit corporation whose mission is to provide comprehensive, practical, and peer-based support to parents experiencing a prenatal diagnosis and carrying to term.
Support Following Pregnancy Interruption
Support for Other Specific Needs
CHERUBS is now CDH International – Supporting families with a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia diagnosis.
Children’s Bereavement Center-Pediatric end-of-life care.
SOFT – Trisomy 18 & related disorders.
Forrest Spence Fund – Assist with the non-medical needs of critically or chronically ill children and their families throughout the Mid-South.
Help Us Adopt. – Financial assistance toward adoption expenses.
The TEARS Foundation – Financial assistance for funeral planning in Washington state.
American Pregnancy Association – Maternal and fetal health.
Angel Babies – Pregnancy loss support.
Faith’s Lodge – a place of refuge and retreat for bereaved families.
Fernside Grief Resource – Children’s resources in Ohio.
Grief Song – music by Paul Alexander.
Grief, Inc.Hope After Loss – (formerly Hygeia Foundation.)
International Council on Infertility Information Dissemination, Inc – a nonprofit organization that helps individuals and couples explore their family-building options.
Just a Cloud Away – Offers ideas to artfully preserve your baby’s legacy.
Helping Hands Milk Bank – serves as a resource for donation across the US.
Molly Bears – Weighted bears in honor of your baby.
Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep – Infant bereavement photography.
PLIDA – Pregnancy Loss and Infant Death Alliance.
Sweat Pea Project – Donates blankets to grieving parents.
Touching Souls Bereavement Photography – Documentary bereavement photography provided to grieving families and workshops available for caregivers.
Wings on Wheels – Wings on Wheels (WOW) is a mobile expressive therapy program that helps support children, teenagers, young adults, families, groups, and communities impacted by illness or loss.